The Narrator (ナレーター) is a character of the anime Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. In the manga, he is replaced by information blocks. In the anime he remains unseen for the most part.
An offscreen character who narrates the tale of Bo-bobo. In the dub, he, like almost everyone else, is crazy and sometimes talks during the show and mostly has the last line at the end of the episodes. He is also given many more lines in the English dub, and he often times gets off track and begins to talk about how pitiful his life is (Poor living quarters, a fear of getting fired, etc.). Occasionally, he also belittles some of the characters on the show.
He made a physical appearance in the recap Japanese only episode, "Thanks for Waiting! Remodelled Grand Opening!! It's Finally Come, the Patchmi Era ♥" (お待たせ！新装開店！！遂に来たのね、パチ美の時代が♥). Here he is shown in the physical form of a man in a business suit with the head of a giant letter "N" with a thin strand of hair with a ribbon coming from it. (a hint to the other character his Seiyuu performs, Serviceman).
Facts that are mentioned in the English dub
While these facts are not canonical, they are part of the Narrator's extended personality in the Englsh anime dub.
- He has a cat named Rocky.
- He is constantly threatened by the producer (another voice character)
- He had a pet rock as a kid.
- He once tried to set a record by making the recap of Episode 60, the longest recap ever.
- He is also a teenage preschool dropout.
- Wife (Mentioned in Recap of dub Episode 53)
- Grandmother (Mentioned and has a speaking roll in dub Episode 54)
- Seiyuu: Shinichiro Ohta
- Voice Actor: Michael McConnohie